26 March 2009

I'm balding

It's the end of the quarter and you know how it goes - everyone frantically trying to do or make it look like they did all the work they were supposed to do in the last 3 months. In one word - CRAZY! For many nights, the computer has often been my chosen companion for the night. Enveloped in its warm loving glow I forget how to stop sometimes.

So tonight's been one of those nights. I made an effort to go shopping with a friend, only to make some excuse to cut it short so I could run back to my computer. I've been tapping away happily enough, deeply engrossed when one of my little installed gadget that pops up with wise sayings now and then suddenly popped up a saying by Leo Tolstoy. And guess what it said? It said "In the name of God, stop a moment, cease your work, look around you."

The manner in which it popped up, and the time it picked to pop up made me feel like there was something intense to it, some deeper sign that I should pay heed to. It wasn't easy but I stopped a moment, ceased my work, carefully looked around, my head reeling with deadlines and reviews and revenue figures...

"Hmm, my bedside table and the lamp on it needs dusting...hmm my calendar is still on January, should change...nothing significant, maybe I should just stop listening to Tolstoy and go back to work."

And when I glanced back towards my monitor, I saw a picture a friend had sent earlier in the day that I never actually looked at was still open. A recent picture from a farewell party of a friend who was leaving the country. So I took a look, and took a closer look, and what did I see?
Can you see? I'm BALDING! Maybe in spots, but it definitely is there. Terror gripped me! Am I not too old for Alopecia? Am I not too young to be losing hair? And to think I've been walking around, even dancing with this bald spot on my scalp all this time! No wonder people always stare and whisper when I walk by...

And now I can't work, because I'm worried about this very worrisome condition of my scalp. Which I would have been very blissfully oblivious of if only I hadn't listened to Mr Tolstoy. And didn't some other wise person say ignorance is bliss? I mean look at the picture - I was all ha ha-ing, oblivious but worry-free. Now I can hope to get no rest because that ignorance has been taken away from me.

Anyway, the moral of the story is - don't listen when you get random wise sayings by random wise men that are even more randomly thrown at you. Especially if it's by Leo Tolstoy.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enveloped in its warm loving glow I forget how to stop sometimes.

Nice :) for me, most of the times :P

Anonymous said...

I'm already bald (or about to become bald) and nothing I can do 'bout it :( So, this has become a non-issue for me :)

Malsawmi Jacob said...

I do love your wit, sense of humour and zest for life. I'm sure bits of bald spots won't cow you down.

virgochhas said...

i bari thren na ngai ah i thren rei lutuk a ang...i thren na thlak daih rawh...

going bald a nih loh kha...anywayz, a lo ni a nih vaih chuan sam bu thra deuh, i neih ang neilo ho kha ngaihtuah la, count ur blessing... :)

on a lighter note, lots of famous people are bald...for eg: Mahatma Gandhi :D

on a lighter lighter note, the word verification is torsemal...god knowz waterver it means... lolzzzz

Anonymous said...

dont worry, sweets, you are not alone...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1165302/Newly-brunette-Fergie-8217-s-centre-parting-great-divide.html

- pi black-i

Jerusha said...

codearies - haha, good to know there are people worse than me. But I somehow get the feeling that you're more justified because what you do seems to make more sense - technologically instead of me tapping away at my keyboard without doing anything really "computerically" significant :)

roulngulword - But you're a guy and it's okay for a guy to be balding - or bald. Especially if you;re married. Now for a a woman who is also single - balding is NOT a good sign!

Jerusha said...

mes - Thank you1 I love the beautiful words you have for me, and if I'm not cowed down, it's words like yours that makes it possible. And btw I love your facebook profile picture!

virg - Ni chiah e! Bari thren tih te hi in concen hi lo ngai hre hru lutuk a ka ning teh mai nia. Ngaihtuah tur tam nak alaia bari lehzel ngaihtuah vak vak hi ka nin zawng tak ani.

Pi Black - haha thanks for the picture! I feel much much better now :) Celebs in the house with me, and even worse off than I am!

cindd said...

I lampuipa chu ava han palian em em ve leeee!!

Mizohican said...

You balding? Look at MEEEEEE!!! :D

Jerusha said...

cindd - nia, lian thlawn an tih ang chi deuh hi nia :PP

kimskims - you're a guy! And that makes all the difference in the world1

Anonymous said...

The guy behind you looks cute and charming, :-) whats his name/ where is he from? . . .

Fm your regular blog reader :-)