05 December 2006

Good Ole Boys Like 'Them'

...It all goes by so fast
There it goes, up in the sky
There it goes, beyond the clouds
For no reason why
I can't cry hard enough


John Conlee's singing 'As Long As I'm Rockin' With You...' on my iTunes radio, and it's 10:31 in the morning - usually my most productive hour of the day. I've had two cups of coffee already, enough to spur me on till lunch. But it's cold outside and it feels like Christmas and I miss home so much it hurts my ribs (Ouch!).
hmm now it's Dan Seals singing 'You Bring Out The Wild Side Of Me.' The person who sings this song best next to Dan himself is my brother.
The nicest thing in the whole world is to be a kid during Christmas. Even just being a kid with a truckload of homework during monsoon was better than being a sinning adult during the best season of the year.
Dolly Parton's 'Smoky Mountain Memories' pretty much sums up what I'm feeling right now -

..It's a stuggle keepin' sight of who you are
Ya know I've been thinkin' a whole lot lately
About what's been and what awaits me
It takes all I've got to give what life demands
You go insane if you give in to it
Life's a mill and I've been through it
I'm just thankful I'm creative with my hands

Oh and these northern nights are dreary
And my southern heart is weary
I wonder how the old folks are back home
But I'll keep leanin' on my Jesus
I know He'll love and guide and lead us
Appalachian memories keep me strong

I'll keep lookin' to the Father
Keep our heads above the water
Appalachian memories keep me strong...


Country music is the only music I truly enjoy listening to right now. And I'm in no mood to hear those comments about country music and artists..
No matter what you think or what people say, I'm just going to keep on loving this music....
...and all the artists who've meant so much to me over the years..
...and who've touched me with their songs.
I guess it takes a country bumpkin like to me to really appreciate country music.
So what does it matter where I work or what I wear or where I go?
It's all a world of pretense, inside I'm a country bumpkin and I'm happy being it!
I'd probably be happy living in a farm with cows and chicken and growing my own vegetables. Especially with horses and a cowboy husband around :-)
I love country music! I love all the emotions it stirs up in me.

Like Virgo's unc says, there's not a song with 'Mississippi' in its lyrics that's not beautiful! :-)

Well there’s just a little bit of magic
In the country music we’re singin’

So let’s begin
We’re bringin’ you back down home where the folks are happy
Sittin’ pickin’ and a-grinnin’
Casually, you and me
We’ll pick up the pieces

Somebody yelled out at me
Country music and company kind of makes it
On a sunday afternoon
Picnic lunches of yesterday
Should still have a place in your heart today
Think it over
’cause we’ll all be goin’ home so soon

Pickin' Up the pieces - Poco

16 comments:

Macabreday said...

niceeeee....i love country music..i prefer the oldies to the contemporary country, though there are some nice singers like toby keith etc. my fav has to be willie nelson, johny cash and jim reeves(cant beat him)..i like lobo too.....kenny rogers was never my fav, but some of his xmas songs rock, esp "o holy night"

Macabreday said...

niceeeee....i love country music..i prefer the oldies to the contemporary country, though there are some nice singers like toby keith etc. my fav has to be willie nelson, johny cash and jim reeves(cant beat him)..i like lobo too.....kenny rogers was never my fav, but some of his xmas songs rock, esp "o holy night"

Jerusha said...

mac - let's shake hands. Nowadays it seems the only thing some friends want to do with country music is poke fun at it.
Dad used to play a lot of Kenny Rogers & Willie Nelson, while Jim Reeves was more of my mom's man. So I grew up listening to the guys a lot. Love them all!

virgochhas said...

first things first - thanks for the update :D

...country music..one thing i'll never understand is how it makes me feel...lonely and not very so at da same time...teary eyed and happy...i love country music...

and mac, i agree with u...i love the old onez too...i mean, i dnt hate new singers but i prefer them oldies

:)

Jerusha said...

Agree with you both. I mostly listen to old stuffs, but again like Mac, I also like Toby Keith - a guy I was very fond of liked Toby so..:) I like Blake Shelton among the new ones..but as a general rule, the older, the better!

virgochhas said...

lol @sundancer...dnt worry...mac wnt hit on u...

why'd u hafta be so defensive, telling us dat u haf a boyfrend etc

lolz

:D :P muahahhahahha...

mac, u wnt hit on her...wil u?... :)

Jerusha said...

Virgo - c'monn that was a hint, an 'invitation' , notice the past tense 'WAS'?? :)

claytonia vices said...

I would listen to a Kenny Roger's 'Crazy' or 'We've got tonight' anytime. And if you ever get hold of the album 'We've got tonight', do listen to his 'Stranger' when you can, it is so very mesmerising.

Hmmm... I got introduced to Kenny from my dad's collection! :-)

claytonia vices said...

...and of course, I once cried listening to Dolly Parton's 'I will always love you' when I was in school... she puts so much emotion into it...

Jerusha said...

Claytonia - of all the artists who've ever sung 'I will always love you' I think Dolly's done the best job of it. It's made me cry too and not just once...she makes you feel every word every emotion the writer must've felt wrting the song.

Almostunreal said...

country music..i just cant get enough of it

..and clayton, I too love kenny's 'We've got tonight'

virgochhas said...

Dolly Parton's 'I love you'

boooo hooo hooo

virgochhas said...

updateeeeeeeeeeeeee

:P

Jerusha said...

Unreal hi chu 'tonight' re re chi hi lawm loh pawh I nei paw'nm ka hre lo :P

Almostunreal said...

hahhaha..eng tonight dang nge ka lawm oooooo, lolzzzz

Jerusha said...

Unreal - tet te atrang a 'Hey tonight ang aw vawiin zan chu' ti tawh kha I nia... :)))