19 December 2006

Christmas Cheers and all that..

So Christmas is right around the corner, and here I am stuck in good ol' Hyderabad.

Christmas parties only make you feel worse...
Even the sky looks like Mizoram sky now. One of the most beautiful thing ever - the winter night skies of Mizoram during a power black out, the milky way visible in all its splendid glory, sitting out on the verandah with friends with a warm 'sikri' warding off the cold...

But anyway, nothing much to do. Except to try and enjoy and make the best of whatever's my lot. I'm thinking maybe I should go to Bangalore...at least there are human beings there.
I dream of Delhi every night, South Extension and Greater Kailash markets...Lajpat Nagar and Sarojini...I can just close my eyes and imagine I'm buying all the beautiful stuffs there. And here I am, with some money to spend and nothing to buy. NOTHING! I already know the few malls and their contents by heart, and I know they've got nothing I want. Would you believe the lingerie section at Hyderabad Central haven't had a new stock in more than a year? They still have exactly the same stuffs they had August last year. Nothing new, the laces have just frayed a little I guess. Maybe they could get more money out of them by passing them off as vintage items.
Lifestyle's lingerie section's a little better, they restock now and then. They were also showing off a new brand recently and I was excited because they were all pretty and cute and reasonably priced. But the funny thing is, every single bra of the new cute brand is so heavily padded I'm just guessing they're targeting 7 year olds. If anyone with 'breasts' wear those, they'd end up with something like Dolly Parton boobs. So again, you look around but never find a thing to buy. It is soo depressing!!
But Delhi..mmmmmmm! Clothes and shoes and chappals and junk jewellery and comic books (oh I think I haven't mentioned this before but there is NO place to buy X-men comic books here!). I'd go there if I was sure I'd be in the company of sane people there but there's very little chance of that so no go. :-)

17 comments:

virgochhas said...

dont cum to delhi...

get stuck in h'bad...

we can shop without you...

BTW, nice heels, skirt, top...had da model been better, wud haf made a hell lotta difference...

mnowluck said...

Try wearing Burkha.. :))

Almostunreal said...

Deep down i know u got no intention of coming here...so stop brabbing....i corrupt si, lolzzz

mnow...hahahaa...good suggestion

Jerusha said...

virgo - yeah, I'd rather cum right here! :PPP

mnow - that's not a bad idea, especially now that it's starting to get cold out here.

unreal - kawrapsawn ka tuar zo lo, Bangalore ah Lalrinawmi ka zuk hmanpui zawk mai nge aw! In khua hla eee mai.

Macabreday said...

merry xmas.. and have an awesome new year

Jerusha said...

Thanks Mac..asme to you@

mnowluck said...

asme to me too :))

Anonymous said...

hmmmm, Forget Delhi n forget H'bad too...Its the un-D thats the thing here,great elaboration of lingerie and all that stuff:) well, that made it good read for me....:))

Come home to romance with those starry nights!

claytonia vices said...

Hey, how much does a tatto cost in goa?

MockingBird said...

I know it's a little too late but, hey, what the heck! So here goes - Merry Christmas, Sundancer :D

BTW, did you say Delhi and comic books in the same breath?? I've been in Delhi for about 2 months now. And I'm yet to find a book shop that has a decent collection of comic books. Maybe I'm looking at all the wrong places :( HELP!!!!!

Almostunreal said...

mockingbird, go to South Ex-2..you'll find it there

MockingBird said...

Thanks, Almost Unreal. You are a lifesaver :)

Jerusha said...

Yay! Look who's back..Bird - great to see you, thought you went and died or something.
And yeah, for the comic books, South ex 2's where I got most of mine. You also get them in Rajendra Nagar.

Claytonia - paint on tattoos like mine cost Rs 60 :-). As for real tattoos, I have absolutely no idea sorry :P

Mizohican said...

Mizoram pics (a bik taka chaltlang leh agape atanga view) i duh hmel. ka rawn thawn dawn che em ni? :-)

MockingBird said...

Sundancer! You thought I went and died or something!! Waaahh!!! :'(

Thanks, by the way, for letting me know where the treasure trove lies. Will be heading there this weekend :)

Mizohican said...

Xmas pics chu nang ai in ka nei nalh zawk a nih hi ka blog ah :-D

amna said...

ahaa.. so you are one of those bloggers who keeps makin readers come back for more and lets them leave disappointed..

keep writing :)