1. Barack Obama & the US presidential election. But mostly Barack Obama. I want to be able to watch the news and read the papers without seeing his face for once.
2. The Brangelina twins.
3. The Beijing Olympics.
4. Bollywood. The industry and almost all its actors, if they can even be called that - stuck in a state of perpetual "talentlessness" and idiocy. They're all still in the Stone Age as far as acting and making movies is concerned, and I have a feeling this state is going to be an eternal one. I see no light in the future. (But then, I also believe that the lack of genius in our actors is in perfect equilibrium and harmony with the hopelessness of our politicians and the way the country is being run, so maybe it's all good after all. Balance is always good.)
5. Fuel prices.
6. North Korea and Iran and their little nuclear programs.
7. Mars. Sorry Mars :( You used to thrill me and it's not even your fault but the endless speculation and the crafts that gets sent your way and the hype that goes on and on but you've never shown us even one weensy picture of little green men with antennaed-helmets, or even little wiggly worms. I saw on the news this morning about some more find - perchlorate! Oooh..perchlorate! They found perchlorate on Mars!!! So exciting I could barf! Perchlorate, whateverchlorate, don't give a flying fuck anymore. You're just boring now, except on Longfellow's hands. You know I wouldn't even be sick of you if these media people will just stop reporting 'news' that isn't there.
8. Bombs and bombers. Sick of being scared to go shopping, eat out, go see a movie with friends, do even the simplest things. All because of a bunch of retards who think blowing up poor, innocent people can further their cause or whatever shit they're trying to prove.
9. The ever unsafe, ever filthy Indian railways. I find it amazing that practically nothing's changed in the last decade. In this age when we're talked about not because of our poverty but because of our booming economy and amazing talent pool and power and progress, our trains still have the same stench, same ticketless passengers forcing their ways in, the same cruddy seats, the same Hijras demanding money, the same general chaos...Will there ever come a day when an average Indian can travel cheap, clean, and in peace?! If there is, judging by the look of things now, the moon will disintegrate into little pieces and the sun will die and turn into a black hole before that happens.
John McCain almost made it to the list, but I forgave him and left him out. Why? For being seriously hot at some point in his life :-)
Plus the fact that he's really funny, and not fakey lakey like Senator O makes it easy to forgive him.
And..he's not intent on taking my job away. Very important. :D