Not sleepy. Story of my life! Bored out of my wits. Blogspot URLs banned. There we were talking about the necessity of banning chocolates & tattoos & oysters, and Big Brother merrily skips over the real evils and decide to ban..blogspot? Strangely, it's failed to tick me off. I really don't care as long as they quit fucking around soon.
I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, and have drawn the following conclusions:
- There should be more to life other than just sitting inside a fancy building in front of a fancy computer sipping coffee all day long.
- I want to dye my hair green.
- It's not healthy to have one's whole life revolve around the computer.
- The best way to really, truly feel free is to take all your clothes off. If you often feel oppressed and suffocated, hang around your apartment naked. Without the restraints of unneccessary clothing. Aaah..bliss! There are friends of mine who've told me they can't even take a shower naked! Now how crazy is that? My friend Shalini asked me once what I wear when I sleep, I told her. She almost fainted, 'Jeri, this is NOT America!!', she gasped. So??!! Anyway, it comes easy to me. A lingering legacy of my naked, tribal ancestors perhaps!
- Most people don't know it, but brushing teeth is a good feel-good factor. Brushing, and flossing too. If you feel funny and can't decide where the funniness stems from, just go brush your teeth or floss, or both. Days when I get to stay home all day, I brush my teeth like a dozen times a day. Sit my butt down and do some serious business with dental floss. I swear they up my mood, lift my spirits a little. And you could die any minute, and it's better to die with clean teeth.
- I'm in love with a memory. It sucks. Time to move on.
- If you really love chocolate, you should eat as much of it as you want to. Life's too short to diet.
- If you're smoking, time to quit. Life's already too short to shorten it further. I'm gonna quit.
- Nail polish - don't ever buy Maybelline's colorama's baby pink polish. It doesn't dry. Leave it on forever, it still won't dry.
- If you're in a place you don't like much, leave. Waste of time trying to make yourself love something or someone.
- If a guy says he loves you but seems cold and distant all the time, kiss his sorry ass goodbye! It also applies if he's tired all the time. It also applies if you want to spend some time with him and all he wants to do is sleep. It also applies if he throws a fit when you go out without him and have some fun. And the only reason you went out without him in the first place is because he's always working/busy/tired/down with the flu/just don't feel like it.
- If you feel bloated but hoping you don't look as bloated as you feel, you probably look worse than you feel. If you think you look like an old hag, you probably do. If you think a guy likes you, he probably does. If you think he don't(/you're not sure/he seems to like you sometimes and sometimes not), he probably don't. At least, not in that way. You're just a good buddy.
- Honesty is NOT always the best policy. Example: If you've cheated on someone you don't want to lose, lie. Best policy my ass. If someone comes and tells you otherwise, shoot him/her! Damn damn damn..why didn't anyone tell me this sooner? Henceforth, I am going to slather every sentence that comes out of my mouth with lies. To save my skin. To butter up people. To save a relationship. To save a whale or a panda. For the cause of humanity. But mostly to save a relationship.
- I want my mother.
I'm not all that grown-up as I thought I was. I can't handle life as well as I thought I could.