30 January 2006

And on the streets

This is probably not a very nice thing to do, but I just have to post this picture here. We were in Carrots, Lifestyle the other night having dinner. It was a fabulous meal, and I had a lovely time, the kind that makes you feel the world is good and life is fair and worth living...then we stepped out and almost stumbled on these kids sleeping on the sidewalk right outside the restaurant!



I would be lying if I said that my heart goes out to all the homeless people I see everyday, but seeing those two kids sleeping all curled up against each other that night really made me feel like there's something I'm not doing quite right and it made me feel guilty for the food I'd just eaten, and the music albums I'd just bought. And the only thing I did was take this picture....

4 comments:

Zork said...

The streets are mean....its where we congregate and we see the world...some are happy some are sad and many like us are miserable...rem'br REM's song Everybody hurts?? We are all the same, but we choose to ignore and thats why Kids are on the streets out in the cold...Sad!!

Jerusha said...

Yep, beautiful song that. And I wonder too..are we any happier than the people who are out on the streets?

Anonymous said...

"Too many young people search out the poor, the starving, the disadvantaged, the imprisoned, or whatever makes these people camera fodder."

from Peter Miller's
"Plain People"

Jerusha said...

'Camera fodder' - Now that makes me feel bad, but I'm not young, and I never "searched" them out, so I can safely assume the finger's not pointed at me! :D