14 August 2009

Back to Aussie Land

Finally got my visa and I'm leaving tonight! I'm going to Sydney for some client meetings and to attend a summit for Account Managers for all Australia and New Zealand. (Yeah, I'm bragging :)) I will be back after a month.

I'm very excited, but at the same time, I'm not very fond of the idea of traveling all by myself. As someone who can never sleep during flights and therefore needs conversation to kill the time, it's going to be a pretty long journey for me. For want of anything better to do, I'll sink into deep thoughts about the littlest things like I always do and eventually end up thinking nonsensical, useless, often morbid thoughts all the way from here to Australia. By the time I land, it might be with the conviction that a giant asteroid will hit Earth and kill us all in the near future! But not a big deal, I will lose that fear after a good meal and a good night's sleep.

I'm excited that I'm going via Bangkok this time. I was not initially because for some reason, I thought I'd been to Bangkok before! I even believed that I once forgot my favorite sweater at the Bangkok airport, but my friends told me that I left the sweater in Hong Kong and not Bangkok :) So I've never actually been to Bangkok at all despite my initial belief. So there you have it, another new place to see along the way!

Wish me a safe trip, wish me God speed, send me your prayers, and also keep your fingers crossed that this time, I get seated next to a Gerard Butler look-alike who is witty, funny, smart, charming and can give killer conversations! :)

15 comments:

Hriatpuia Pa said...

E! Hlim takin zin ang che. Rilru thar nen, thu ngaihnawm, bengvarthlak, hlimawm i rawn hawn tel dawn nia - i hna bakah..

Evangeline said...

Hope u are seated near a Gerard Butler look alike.. I shall remember this in my prayers LOL.Whatever happens, hope u have a good time and that u enjoy u'rself. If not, hope u at least meet him once down under LOL

VaiVa said...

Ka lo tawngtai pui nghal mawlh mawlh teh ang teh an che! Pu Zaia sawi ang deuh khan thawnthu tam tak nen lo ir leh ang che.. Kangaroo min lo hawn dawn nia... hangaroo ni loin :P

claytonia vices said...

Have a nice trip :)
Will there be another octopus in your luggage on your way back? ;)

Mizohican said...

Looking forward to pics, pics and more pics. And of course you're in my prayers. Have a safe flight back and forth.

Zara Ralte said...

Have a happy time there! i hope swine-flu rumour may be less in those islands:)

virgochhas said...

did you sit with da Gerard Butler look alike? :D

if not...hope u will on ur way back...

enjoy, enjoy, and enjoy

OpaHmar said...

SO did u get to sit with Gerard's butler....most prob named Smith or Jeeves

Jerusha said...

Zais - Thu ngaihnawm leh bengvarthlak hi a tlem khawp mai. Hna hian mi a tibuai chur chur lutuk a, ka hna lam hi ngaihnawm vak der si lo :(

Eva - I'm sure you forgot to pray!! I will elucidate on a quick update post.

Vaiva - In tawngtaina hi a chak lo awm hlawm mang e awwww..chhan in a awm lo nasa si! lol

Clay - I'm done with octopuses in my bag. I love them on my dinner plates, and that only if the one on my dinner plate didn't come out of my luggage :)

Jerusha said...

Kimkims - The pics are coming. To be honest, I've taken only maybe 5 pictures since I got here.

Boss - I'm not sure about the swine flu condition here, but I know people aren't as freaked out about it as we do in India. Which is a good thing, feels safer.

Rams and Opa - No I did not! bleh..ka rawn ripot ang.

joel said...

Lo lungphang reng2 suh.APuii te inah Tlaivarin kan lo tawngtaipui ang che...Joel

Sam said...

Request - please meet Aryan and interview him if possible. SYS fan here.. hehe

Safe trip n enjoy rezources..(Resource as pronounced by Aussies)

zenstar4u said...

wish u a very happy trip abroad...

bankok is a paradise for leisure travelers and is famous for nice beaches and many more things... so better take few days off out there and explore thailand..

the aussie land is full with nice places and i wish that along with work and meetings, u have time to enjoy sydney, melborne, perth, etc.. hey definately see the kangaroos and the shallow mater marine life...

have loads of fun and once u return i will be waiting to perform for u!! (hope u know what i am refering to... ) but now i guess it would be ur own private party as u seem to have become an influencial business lady in last one year.... hummmmm!!!

zenstar4u@yahoo.com

Jerusha said...

Joel - In tawngtaina chhain a awm lo. Tlaivar mai chauh ni loin, chaw nghei tel a ngai tawh ang ka rawn let leh lam chu :P

sam - Niaa hmuh chakawm ngei mai. A swimming pool ah te tui min chentir phal mai thei sin hehe

Jerusha said...

zenstar - thank you for the good wishes. Also, even though I'm sure you know, I just want to add that a lot of times, my posts here are half in jest. Please don't take my posts seriously about the stripper, or anything else that sounds to audacious for that matter.