12 October 2009

Back once again

Back again. That's all I've ever been doing in the last few months. I'm always back from somewhere, but I'm never 'there.' Because I don't know where 'there' is.

Well, anyway, a 3 week vacation is enough to kill all sense of duty I have toward work. And it's the traveling that gets to me a bit too, it was the Bangkok - Sydney - Melbourne trip, and back to my one and half CRAZY hectic week in Hyderbad to quickly wrap things up before I head for home, and then the 3 weeks of peace and rest in Mizoram, and then to be thrust back into all of these... And then I will be off for my yearly Goa trip next week. And then make plans for Christmas...

And then after that, I will be still. I will stay in one place, and make sure I have enough time to read, to write, and to think. I will force myself to work less, and pray more. I will fall, and more importantly, stay in love. But then, that'd be so boring.

Anyway, my main reason for taking the Mizoram trip so soon after the Sydney trip was this - Yep! My sister had a little baby boy, and I wanted to be around for it. He is sooooo beautiful it's nothing like having a brother or a sister or anything else (does that make sense?). I couldn't stay away from him, even when I had to go out for dinner with relatives, I couldn't help but rush back home as soon as dinner is over because I couldn't wait to hold him. His name is Jonathan Malsawmsanga. I picked Jonathan, Hebrew for God has given/gift of God, and after Shirley's favorite Biblical character - Jonathan, Saul's son, King David's brave and loyal friend.

2 comments:

virgochhas said...

congratulations...ur a real aunt now...

the baby looks adorable...more closer joom-in pics?

Shirley said...

He is beautiful! And Jonathan is a lovely name if I may say so myself - congratulations! :D