18 September 2006

Soldier's Last Letter

Time for another song. My current most-listened song is in Italian. However, it won't do much good sharing it since no one I know understands Italian, well..almost no one. The singer pisses Akshay off, he's says he's sick of his loud Soprano voice. I think he's great though, he's cute plus he's got such a marvelous voice he moves my insides!:D
I was listening to this song by Ernest Tubb this morning, I've always found it very touching. And it's very conveniently in English so I thought I'd share.


Soldier's Last Letter

When the postman delivered a letter
It filled her dear heart full of joy
But she didn't know till she read the inside
It was the last one from her darling boy.

'Dear Mom,' was the way that it started
'I miss you so much,' it went on
'Mom, I didn't know that I loved you so
But I'll prove it when this war is won.

I'm writing this down in a trench, Mom
Don't scold if it isn't so neat
You know as you did, when I was a kid
And I'd come home with mud on my feet.

The captain just gave us our orders
And Mom, we will carry them through
I'll finish this letter the first chance I get
But now I'll just say I love you.'

Then the mother's old hands began to tremble
And she fought against tears in her eyes
But they came unashamed for there was no name
And she knew that her darling had died.

That night as she knelt by her bedside
She prayed 'Lord above, hear my plea!
And protect all the sons that are fighting tonight
And dear God keep America free'


Recorded by Ernest Tubb
Written by Sgt. Henry Stewart and Ernest Tubb

5 comments:

Almostunreal said...

Sipai ah in pek loh tur tihna nih hi, lol

War - oh how I dread war...kept having nightmare about war

Jerusha said...

Tikhan sipai ah tran I tum chu I bansan phah ka beisei, tih mai mai chi ni lo. sipai nih te hi I duh tlat a!

Almostunreal said...

E khai ekhai...mahni nihna hai deuh hlek kan awm lo maw le awwwww

Merisi said...

I'm curious which Italian song you are referring to.
I do speak Italian. ;-)
M.

Jerusha said...

Merisi, the song I was talking about was Josh Groban's Per Te. Heard of it? hm wish I could speak Italin, it's such a beautiful language.